Gingersnap Cookie Christmas Tree is a DIY which you can make with your kids with these delicious crisp cookies which are a holiday favorite.
- 1 Cup or 225 gms butter.
- 1 + 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp khandsari or cane sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 small eggs or 1 1/2 large eggs.
- 1/3 cup molasses.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper.
- Whipped cream or royal icing for arranging the tree.
You can buy all Christmas themed cutters and products on the following link:
- In a bowl add butter at room temperature. Add sugar to it and whisk well till everything becomes creamy and smooth. I have used SOS Organics Khandsari Sugar which is raw and unrefined.
2. Add eggs, Vanilla extract and Molasses and again whisk well.
3. In another bowl add All Purpose Flour, Nutmeg powder and Cinnamon Powder.
4. Also add ground Black pepper and Baking Soda. Combine everything with a spatula
5. Now combine wet and the dry ingredients and whisk well till you get a stick.
6.Place a sheet of cling wrap and grease it with melted butter and place the dough on it
7.Close the cling wrap and place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least overnight.
8.After the cookie dough has rested, sprinkle some flour on the silicon mat or parchment paper and roll the dough into 1/8 inch circle. Cut them into star shape in 5 sizes. Each size should Atleast have 2 pieces.
9.Preheat your oven on 150 degree Celsius. Place the cut of cookie on a baking sheet lined with Silicon Mat. It ensures noting sticks to the baking sheet.
10.Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes till it becomes dark in colour. Keep an eye that it should not over bake for it will become black and will taste awful. Let it rest on the cooling rack for 15 minutes only then start arranging it. For arranging a cookie tree you need whipped cream or royal icing. I had whipped cream on hand so I used that.
11.Take a serving plate or board. Put a little whipped cream in the center and place the biggest Star cookie on top of it.
12.Again put little whipped cream on top of the cookie and keep placing 2 more cookies of the same size as shown in the pictures.
13. Now repeat the same process with descending size of cookies. When you feel desired height has been achieved dust the top with some Confectioners Sugar. It will make everything so pretty.
14.You can serve this at your Christmas party and impress your guests. You can make various trees with these cookies, if you are over enthusiastic.
Special Thanks to Chef Anshu Wadhwa for sharing such a lovely recipe | http://www.thesecretingredient.in