Berry Bliss Tart
Crispy base of whole wheat tart filled with fresh strawberry ganache. Topped with whipped white chocolate ganache, garnished with fresh strawberry puree and chocolate leaves.
Whole Wheat Flour- 200gms
Unsalted Butter- 100gms
Powdered Sugar- 40gms
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Water- 2-3 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a stand blender or your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add cold water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface or cling film to your desired thickness.
- Cut the dough into shape to fit your tart pans.
- Gently press the dough into the tart pans, making sure to create an even layer along the bottom and sides.
- Prick the bottom of the tart shells with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake the tart shells in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the tart shells cool to room temperature.
Strawberry (Sliced)- 120gms
Granulated Sugar- 15gms
Lemon Juice- 1/2 tbsp
- In a saucepan, combine sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices and the sugar dissolves.
- Once the strawberries are soft, use a potato masher or fork to mash them into a chunky puree.
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes until the puree thickens slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the strawberry puree cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the puree to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds, if desired.
- Refrigerate the strawberry puree in an airtight container until ready to use.
Strawberry Puree- 100gms
White Chocolate- 100gms
- Heat the strawberry puree in a saucepan over low heat, making it slightly warm. Do not boil.
- In a separate bowl, melt the white chocolate using a double boiler or microwave in short intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually pour the warm strawberry puree into the melted white chocolate, stirring continuously to combine the two ingredients.
- Continue stirring until the ganache is smooth and well-blended.
- Allow the strawberry ganache to cool slightly before using it.
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache:
White Chocolate- 100gms
Heavy Cream- 50gms
Whipped Cream- 100gms
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Be careful not to boil it.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped white chocolate. Let it sit for a minute to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Gently stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cold whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cooled white chocolate ganache until well combined.